You might be at this page either because:
- You launched a new site! (Congratulations!)
- Your current developer is no longer responding to you, and you can't shoulder the risk of an unsupported website any longer. (We're so sorry. Maybe we can help - read on.)
- You like to read pages about maintenance plans. (You do you!)
In any case...what now? You need a plan. A website maintenance plan.
Not unlike vehicle maintenance, a website can greatly benefit from regular updates and attention to keep it running smoothly and securely so it can continue to be an effective and valuable tool.
We used to find client sites may end up being many months (or more!) out of date. Websites we inherited from other developers would be so old they could barely run on a modern server.
A lot can change in the digital space in a couple years, from server architecture, to software updates, to accepted ways of doing any given thing.
Outdated sites make quoting and doing new work on them far harder for all involved than it needs to be.
No more. We finally got smart and realized we were not serving our clients as well as we could be. Now, all of our clients are protected and supported by our maintenance plans, which exist to ensure the core of their site(s) are continually being updated, reviewed, optimized, and improved.
Why are regular site updates important?
What does it look like to work with us?
Ensure we’re a good fit
- We do a complete audit of your website
- Understand your needs by listening to where you're coming from and where you'd like to go
Create a plan
- Ask lots of questions, from high-level concepts to minute details
- Work with you to refine your ideas
- Work through available options
- Create a timeline
- Build a reasonable, fair budget
- Coordinate with your team
- Build out your ideas
- Respond to feedback
- Communicate clearly so projects stay on budget and on time
3. Maintain & Improve
- Fix bugs
- Add features
- Make improvements
- Continuously optimize
- Regular maintenance for long term site health and optimal performance
And so on, into a better future...
This process repeats itself, and your site becomes an ever more effective and important tool in your online strategy. As we learn new things about how your users use the site, we can start back at the beginning: consulting, then implementing and improving.