Digital Project Manager
Masuga Design needs a Digital Project Manager to join us in Grand Rapids, MI. Help run the day-to-day operations to take our successful web development company to the next level.
Digital Project Manager
Your primary role coming in is to ensure our team stays on top of our ever-growing list of projects and tasks through efficient project management and strong communication.
You'll carefully listen to client requests and help parse those into actionable tasks, and delegate to the right team member(s). You'll then lead, manage, and hold the team accountable for executing the work at their highest level and in a timely fashion.
To be really successful in this position, you should have an understanding of web design and development.
Be the "Integrator"
On one level, we're looking for a project manager that has an understanding of web design and development. On another level, the ideal candidate will also work closely with the owner by gradually taking on more day-to-day operations to help propel our successful web development business to the next level. I'm looking for more than a run-of-the-mill PM. I'm looking for a right-hand person, or what Gino Wickman refers to as an "Integrator" in his popular book Traction.
...integrators are typically very good at leading, managing, and holding people accountable. They love running the day-to-day aspects of the business. They remove obstacles so that people...can execute.Gino Wickman, Traction (p.94)
- Keep projects moving and on time by planning, delegating/assigning tasks, and ensuring tasks get completed on time
- Help maintain our important client relationships, and cultivate new ones
- Help research solutions
- Ensure the team's time is being well utilized, and no one is burning out
- Help estimate scope, timing and cost for quoting new work
- Carefully listen on client and prospect calls to determine what they're asking for and how we can best help them
- Ideally helping with CMS entries and post population or smaller development tasks as time allows
We’re looking for a certain kind of person to join us. As a small team, we understand how important a cultural fit is, which is why we put our core values in writing.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You are comfortable leading and managing others
- You are motivated, resourceful, and self-directing.
- You exhibit the ability to research and solve problems independently.
- You have the ability and desire to learn.
- You’re a team player.
- You have strong communication skills - written, spoken, and interpersonal.
Tools you will use: Harvest, Teamwork, Teamwork Desk, Harvest Forecast, Slack, Google Docs/Sheets, Dropbox Paper
- Note: Previous experience with content management systems and web development and design is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with time tracking and PM tools (e.g., Harvest, Forecast, TeamGantt, Teamwork, Basecamp, etc.)
About Masuga Design
Masuga Design is a Grand Rapids, MI based web development agency founded in 2006 that specializes in well designed, custom content managed sites.
We've served clients nationwide with custom CMS solutions for 13 years. We’ve developed projects for the likes of Google, Adobe, FOX Networks, NFL Networks, Image Comics, Scripps Networks, A+E, Toys’R’Us, Pep Boys, World Market and more.
We specialize in helping small to mid-sized businesses get the most out of their content-managed websites through our focused expertise with Craft CMS (we are an official Craft CMS Partner). We also work with select agencies to support them with the development side of their web projects.
How to Apply
If this position motivates you and you want to play a vital role in shaping and growing a small and dynamic company, we want to hear from you.
Before contacting us, consider the following:
- It would be great to find someone that lives in the Grand Rapids, MI area, and is able to work with the team in the office - but we're open to a remote candidate, too.
- You share our core values.
Send an introductory email (email@example.com) with information about yourself and your availability (no calls), as well as any links to your work. We’ll get back with qualified applicants as soon as possible.
Here's a list of current benefits you'll receive working at Masuga Design:
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Fun Environment
- Varied projects